Edward investigates the lost railway lines of his home town in Going, Going, Gone – Nottingham’s Railway Heritage
- Hornby LSWR 700 Review from Albion Yard.
- LocoYard on project beginnings… (something of which you’ll be seeing from Andy some time soon!).
- Last week I hinted Network Rail had run out of money as the government hinted at opening investment up to private companies. Turns out they’ve definitely run out of money as the plug is pulled on major upgrade projects conveniently after the election…
- …This also puts HS2 in doubt.
- It’s OK though because the man who once called Southeastern services shit is now Network Rail’s new boss.
- Eurostar has a meltdown during recent French strikes.
- Is the Night Tube Map the wrong colour?
- See the history of the Tube in 6 and a half minutes…
- …and this new app will let you know the service status of your local Ghost Station… Limited I should expect!
- A Dangerous Occurence – Signals Passed at Danger by Rail Engineer.
- The HST’s have got a fresh coat of Virgin paint…
- …and the DLR gets a make over for Pride London.
- The Londonist have just discovered The Parklands Walk (The Northern Heights). Naturally we did it last year 😉
- Phase 2 of the Nottingham Tram Extension is to open imminently!
- Trams galore this week as planned Sheffield to Rotherham service to commence in 2017.
- Gala gathering in Lake District to mark the closure of slate quarry rail system.
- WAIT! Yet more trams!
From The CAS Team
- The creation of The Big Four. Who did they replace? from Edward Kendal.
Compiled by Edward Kendal & Andy Carter
- Upcoming OO Gauge Steam release news from LocoYard.
UK Rail News
- BANK HOLIDAY TRAVEL CHAOS IS COMING!
- …whilst the 5 hour long delays caused by a catastrophic power failure at Clapham Junction are still fresh in commuters memories.
- It certainly seems like the network is in safe hands with Waterloo’s security login details accidentally shown on a recent BBC documentary.
- Network Rail staff always take the train right?…
- Trouble on the Boarders Railway.
- The K&WVR are hit by vandalism.
- Construction starts on the framework for the new Class 800 maintenance depot at Doncaster…
- …and here’s a CGI of how the new trains will look running between Swansea and London.
- The Great Central Railway Nottingham will host the 1972 Prototype HST at the end of the month with a test run planned.
- TfL are looking for ideas for what to do with it’s ghost stations…(I say leave them as is!)…
- …so it might be the last opportunity to visit some of them in their present state. The Londonist oblige at Down Street…
- You can now take a course on Art & Design of the Tube.
- The Marches Strategic Rail Group are asking Shropshire County Council to protect a former rail line from future development.
- The story of The Great War Railwaymen.
- The Post Office Railway puts in an order for new trains, this time to carry people, not mail!
- Railway Maniac investigates the existence of a hidden bridge once part of Nottingham Victoria station.
- Private Eye and the APT.
Shameless Self Promotion
Compiled by Edward Kendal & Andy Carter
Feature Image by Mike Quinn
- Spanish firm CAF win bid to build new sleeper cars for the new Caledonian sets.
- Manchester Airport has a new platform.
- Whilst Birmingham Snow Hill is mooted for a rebuild.
- London Reconnections take you through the Crossrail Launch Plan.
- Commute London revamp their website. Find out how the capital’s rail franchises are fairing on social media.
- Abandoned tube tunnels could be turned into cycle lanes…
- …but I tell you why this is dreadful idea.
- Virgin will replace the East Coast Loyalty Reward system with Nectar when they take over the franchise. Regular customers are upset.
- A sneak peak of the Class 319’s being kitted out in Northern Rail livery.
- Diamond Geezer rides a ghost train to West Ruislip.
- …and Arsenal fans are concerned about their slip down the table after a visit to the Transport Museum.
- Imagine driving down the highway with a Steam Train barrelling towards you. Turns out you can in California…
- US Freight rail network to get a hefty investment.
- More stunning rail architecture from the states. A study of Newark Penn Station by The Beauty of Transport.
Feature Image by David Chandler.
- YouTube blogger IC82 celebrates his 5th Anniversary whilst LocoYard celebrate their 3rd.
- Japanese artist Akihiro Morohoshi has been building model railways into small household objects
- Bored of hearing about 2 weeks of mild delays at London Bridge? How about the train out of Victoria that’s NEVER been on-time!
- London Underground are getting a new power station…
- …whilst the DLR might get a new bridge.
- A look at the new Tottenham Court Road ticket hall and station entrance…
- …and an artist impression of what’s to come at Canary Wharf Crossrail.
- And lastly in London, it was recently ‘No Pants Day‘ on the Tube. All I can say is thankfully I wasn’t working on Monday.
- We’ve got battery powered cars so how about a battery powered Class 379?
- The BBC take a look at some of England’s best lost stations. Where was Broad Street? And Manchester Exchange? And Halifax North Bridge. I might be here a while…
- From lost buildings to restored rolling stock. More on the coach that carried Winston Churchill to his final resting place.