- Upcoming OO Gauge Steam release news from LocoYard.
UK Rail News
- BANK HOLIDAY TRAVEL CHAOS IS COMING!
- …whilst the 5 hour long delays caused by a catastrophic power failure at Clapham Junction are still fresh in commuters memories.
- It certainly seems like the network is in safe hands with Waterloo’s security login details accidentally shown on a recent BBC documentary.
- Network Rail staff always take the train right?…
- Trouble on the Boarders Railway.
- The K&WVR are hit by vandalism.
- Construction starts on the framework for the new Class 800 maintenance depot at Doncaster…
- …and here’s a CGI of how the new trains will look running between Swansea and London.
- The Great Central Railway Nottingham will host the 1972 Prototype HST at the end of the month with a test run planned.
- TfL are looking for ideas for what to do with it’s ghost stations…(I say leave them as is!)…
- …so it might be the last opportunity to visit some of them in their present state. The Londonist oblige at Down Street…
- You can now take a course on Art & Design of the Tube.
- The Marches Strategic Rail Group are asking Shropshire County Council to protect a former rail line from future development.
- The story of The Great War Railwaymen.
- The Post Office Railway puts in an order for new trains, this time to carry people, not mail!
- Railway Maniac investigates the existence of a hidden bridge once part of Nottingham Victoria station.
- Private Eye and the APT.
Shameless Self Promotion
Compiled by Edward Kendal & Andy Carter
Feature Image by Mike Quinn