Seasons Greetings from Calling All Stations!
Time for one last Weekly for 2015 before we starting getting in the festive spirit, (well I’m actually working but anyway…)
Thank you for visiting this year and do come back in 2016 for lots more wonderful content.
Happy Holidays x
- N Gauge Pannier tank livery samples from Graham Farish.
- If you’re feeling peckish this Christmas why not eat the tube map…
- The Daily Mail are apparently shocked that engineering work is going to take place over the holidays.
- That’s it London Underground ticket offices are closed.
- If you were thinking of catching the sleeper up to bonnie Scotland for the holidays… Think again…
- Virgin introduce London – Sunderland service…
- …and a 3 minute service between London – Shrewsbury.*
- Office of Rail and Road release their 2014-15 station statistics report. Waterloo is the busiest and Shippea Hill is the quietest.
- New systems and new rolling stock: How to solve Britain’s congested rail network.
- Brand new station opens at Apperley Bridge.
- …and TWO more on the way at Old Oak Common.
- Farnworth Tunnel reopens!
- Look out Lewisham! The Bakerloo Line is coming... In 2030… (Sorry Peckham it’s missing you out…).
- It’s barely been open a year but the Borders Railway is already looking to the horizons…
- …which is all well and good but they might need some longer trains first.
- Tram-Train. It’s a thing and it’s in Sheffield.
- Britain’s tilting train that changed the world.
From The CAS Team
- Just how far is it theoretically possible to go on one continuous train?
Compiled By Edward Kendall & Andy Carter
- Upcoming OO Gauge Steam release news from LocoYard.
UK Rail News
- BANK HOLIDAY TRAVEL CHAOS IS COMING!
- …whilst the 5 hour long delays caused by a catastrophic power failure at Clapham Junction are still fresh in commuters memories.
- It certainly seems like the network is in safe hands with Waterloo’s security login details accidentally shown on a recent BBC documentary.
- Network Rail staff always take the train right?…
- Trouble on the Boarders Railway.
- The K&WVR are hit by vandalism.
- Construction starts on the framework for the new Class 800 maintenance depot at Doncaster…
- …and here’s a CGI of how the new trains will look running between Swansea and London.
- The Great Central Railway Nottingham will host the 1972 Prototype HST at the end of the month with a test run planned.
- TfL are looking for ideas for what to do with it’s ghost stations…(I say leave them as is!)…
- …so it might be the last opportunity to visit some of them in their present state. The Londonist oblige at Down Street…
- You can now take a course on Art & Design of the Tube.
- The Marches Strategic Rail Group are asking Shropshire County Council to protect a former rail line from future development.
- The story of The Great War Railwaymen.
- The Post Office Railway puts in an order for new trains, this time to carry people, not mail!
- Railway Maniac investigates the existence of a hidden bridge once part of Nottingham Victoria station.
- Private Eye and the APT.
Shameless Self Promotion
Compiled by Edward Kendal & Andy Carter
Feature Image by Mike Quinn