Seasons Greetings from Calling All Stations!
Time for one last Weekly for 2015 before we starting getting in the festive spirit, (well I’m actually working but anyway…)
Thank you for visiting this year and do come back in 2016 for lots more wonderful content.
Happy Holidays x
- N Gauge Pannier tank livery samples from Graham Farish.
- If you’re feeling peckish this Christmas why not eat the tube map…
- The Daily Mail are apparently shocked that engineering work is going to take place over the holidays.
- That’s it London Underground ticket offices are closed.
- If you were thinking of catching the sleeper up to bonnie Scotland for the holidays… Think again…
- Virgin introduce London – Sunderland service…
- …and a 3 minute service between London – Shrewsbury.*
- Office of Rail and Road release their 2014-15 station statistics report. Waterloo is the busiest and Shippea Hill is the quietest.
- New systems and new rolling stock: How to solve Britain’s congested rail network.
- Brand new station opens at Apperley Bridge.
- …and TWO more on the way at Old Oak Common.
- Farnworth Tunnel reopens!
- Look out Lewisham! The Bakerloo Line is coming... In 2030… (Sorry Peckham it’s missing you out…).
- It’s barely been open a year but the Borders Railway is already looking to the horizons…
- …which is all well and good but they might need some longer trains first.
- Tram-Train. It’s a thing and it’s in Sheffield.
- Britain’s tilting train that changed the world.
From The CAS Team
- Just how far is it theoretically possible to go on one continuous train?
Compiled By Edward Kendall & Andy Carter