- Hornby are to re-release Thomas The Tank Engine sets to mark the 70th birthday of the fictional character.
- Network Rail workers could go on strike tomorrow over pay. Let the chaos ensue!
- Take a look inside the Farnworth Tunnels, part of the North West Electrification project.
- Siemens unveil 125mph EMU proposed for services in the UK.
- Check out ScotRails unusual idea to combat overcrowding.
- Train cuts tractor in half at Knaresborough level crossing incident.
- A replica Royal 1869 coach is saved by firefighters as a preserved station in Ballater is gutted by fire.
- Southern Rail final fixes the Train That’s Never On Time. (By fiddling the time table).
- Like your ale? How about a Northern Line themed pint?
- Geoff Marshall’s adventure in abandoned Down Street station.
- Join the Great Central Railway as they host The Prototype HST (41001) and it’s first public heritage run next weekend!
- A fatal train derailment in Philadelphia this week could have been caused by an object thrown at the train.
- Sydney Trains are using new ground breaking tech to tackle railway graffiti.
- If you think that the HS2 project is a gigantic cock-up, at least our European neighbours are suffering from similar mismanagement.
From The CAS Team
- Edward’s takes a trip on the rare Nottingham-Lincoln Newark-Reverser service.
- Whilst Andy explores the Bluebell Railway.
Compiled by Edward Kendal & Andy Carter
Feature Image (Farnworth Tunnel) By David Ingham