- Good news, the bank holiday rail strikes have been called off!
- Not to worry, London Underground might go on strike instead.
- King’s Cross had to be evacuated on Friday.
- New stuff has opened this week on the National Rail network including this station at Ebbw Vale…
- …as well as the The Todmorden Curve.
- TfL have also released a brand new tube map showing us what the Overground take over of the Lea Valley Lines will look like. It’s a total mess.
- …you can read the history of the routes on London Reconnections.
- Speaking of The Overground, did you know it has a secret station? Find out in this video from The Londonist.
- Remember how Southern altered their time table to stop the problem of their ‘never-on-time‘ train? They might have a lot more work still to do...
- The unsung role of The Southern Railway during Operation Dynamo.
- The 1905 Quintinshill Disaster is remembered in Scotland.
- Another blow for heritage safety records as a Class 37 goes run-away at the Great Central Railway.
- Proposed Leicester Railway Museum gets Lottery Grant.
- Do you want to see a 3D scan of London’s Mail Rail? Of course you do.
- Why US train drivers are called Engineers.
- France’s SNCF have been given permission to take full control of the Eurostar brand.
From the CAS Team
- Accrington Station: From Triangles to Tesco.
- Langstead Junction up for sale!
- Grangemouth Ineos to Sinfin Sidings:
Compiled by Edward Kendall & Andy Carter