- Southern Railway Region modelling news: from GrahamMuz.
- 3mm show in Wells: sometimes words are not needed…
- As London deals with another Tube Strike, Geoff Marshall ask what it would be like if the Tube was on strike permanently… I don’t like this alternative world.
- Engineering work commences on the Victoria Line, closing part of the line for nearly a month. But why are the works so important and why do they necessitate the full closure?
- Eurostar to start rolling out new Class 374’s.
- New Podcast launched, UndergrndLondon dedicated to Tube commuters.
- New TOC, GNWR, to rival Virgin up the West Coast.
- Great Northern bunks up with Northern Rail.
- Although all that Franchising might be for nothing – British Rail Comeback?
- Remember the freight derailment that looked like a model? It’s going to take a while to clean up…
- Woops… “Waltamstow” TfL Contractors do it again…
- It turns out the Waterloo & City Line is an introvert…
- First Great Western staff are to strike over the August Bank Holiday weekend.
- Carlisle gets a roof upgrade…
- …whilst Manchester Victoria’s transformation is nearly complete.
- LocoYard ponders HSTs v Pannier Tanks at the South Devon Railway.
- Mid Hants Railway complete restoration of 1947 Bulleid brake coach.
- Southgate Station: A wonderful study of Art-Deco design by TheBeautyOfTransport.
- Horrific scenes as trains collide passing over flooded river in India.
- The Londonist put the Underground and the Tokyo Metro to battle.
From The CAS Team
- Edward has been investigating the mothballed Oxcroft Coal Disposal Point.
- Gallery: Nottingham Victoria’s Final Years.
Compiled by Edward Kendall & Andy Carter