- Is Network Rail running out of money as government ask for private infrastructure investors?
- Are Red Star and other mail/freight services going to make a comeback?
- The Night Tube Map is with us, although it doesn’t show us anything we don’t already know. In fact all that’s changed is it’s now an amusing colour…
- Resignalling the Metropolitan, Circle and District Lines. Round 3.
- Diamond Geezer has the yearly station usage stats up for you.
- London commuters are owed a whopping £56m in journey refunds.
- Bombardier to build new Overground trains.
- Where do Tube trains go to retire?
- Work presses on at new Thameslink Bermondsey underpass.
- Railway worker survives being hit by an 80mph train. Don’t try this at home kids.
- Plans to re-open the Portishead line are released to the public.
- Important new timetable gives Bicester commuters 3 trains to London in the morning rush.
- How railways influenced The Battle of Waterloo, and how The Battle of Waterloo influenced the railways.
- Saddle Tank Engine is making it’s way home.
- Tornado is also back on the rails.
- Do you want to live in a 100 year old GWR coach? Of course you do.
- Win an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour at the Severn Valley Railway.
- Heli-pads at stations, and other mad London based transport schemes that never got built.
- Ffestiniog Railway launches a new super-observation coach.
- Sleeper service cutbacks in Europe.
- Russia to invest in High-Speed Indian Railways. (Expect it to be completed before HS2…)
- The Transport Overture by The Beauty of Transport, but where and what does it depict?
From The CAS Team
- Chiltern Railways & Project Evergreen 3 by Edward Kendall
Compiled by Edward Kendall & Andy Carter
Cover Image from TfL