- A tram delayed the New Year from starting in Manchester by 4 minutes. Watch the full shambles here.
- Cock-Ups-a-plenty this week as overrunning engineering works causes festive chaos on the East Coast Mainline…
- …Network Rail makes official apology and say their boss will not take a Christmas bonus.
- The festive improvement works at London Bridge went much more smoothly. Do you want to see timelapse footage of it? Of course you do.
- Fares have gone up 20% under The Coalition…
- …but at least train companies will inform you of the cheapest prices in new “code of practice.”
- Twitter user @bitoclass creates this Christmas version of the tube map….
- London Reconnections explore train frequencies on the tube’s Sub-Surface Lines.
- Tottenham Court Road Tube station will be partially closed for a year.
- YouTuber, cbalmer001 has decorated his bathroom to mimic a Leslie Green tube station.
- An Arriva Trains Wales service was allegedly so crowded, passengers rode in the drivers cab!
- The Railway Gazette report that the CTA are going Contactless.