After a week of many things happening which sadly kept me away from the site, the CAS Weekly is back!
- The Bachmann S-stock is finally out! Have you got one yet? What do you think?
- How Hornby re-invented themselves and went after their competitors.
- Dapol make changes to O Gauge Terrier release.
- GWR is back. (It’s First Great Western in disguise).
- A freight derailment in Dundee is causing week long delays.
- Electrification is back on!
- …both up North and out West…
- Chiltern are testing out a shiny new piece of track they’ve built that’ll connect Oxford Parkway and Marylebone.
- Meanwhile, the renovated Manchester Victoria station re-opens. Boy did it need it!
- Lick of paint too for the Class 73’s.
- The Victoria Line was upgraded this summer, here’s what they’ve been doing.
- Tube trains and Underground stations now in environmentally-friendly harmony as regenerative braking is put to recycled use.
- If you’ve been stuck on the never ending delays on The Central Line recently, here’s a headline for you: The Tube is too fast!
- Travel on Virgin services and experienced delays? No problem. You’ll get automatic refunds…
- 66757 gets all tarted up for the West Somerset Railway’s birthday.
- Old Derbyshire industrial railway gets reprieve.
- Are Monorail stories justified in the Weekly? Here’s one anyway: What if London had a Monorail network? It almost did…
- Why not add a Deltic horn to your car?
From The CAS Team
- How to get a train on a boat. Edward has the answers.
- Catch Andy’s interview with London Reconnections Editor John Bull for Underground London Radio.
Compiled by Edward Kendall & Andy Carter