The delayed CAS Weekly has finally arrived!
- Grasslands on Converting a Class 04 into a Tramway shunter.
- ESNGBlog ponder on some of The Internet’s reviews and comments at Exhibitions.
- Sad news as the owner of Britain’s smallest railway museum, John Rathmell, dies at the age of 63.
- The talks to avert the next round of Tube Strikes is going badly with fresh accusations that TfL are not maintaining their trains to proper safety standards.
- The government announcent that electrification of the TransPennine Route would be shelved/delayed… yet work is continuing anyway…
- Southern and GatEx join Great Northern and Thameslink to become UK’s biggest franchise… Hmm, I’d say that’s starting to look a lot like Network SouthEast.
- ER20 Locos coming to the UK.
- The Eurostar 373 units get an interior make-over.
- On board catering. Is it dead?
- Essex heritage line saved from the axe.
- 1970’s London Underground seriel killer – truth or urban myth?
- Geoff Marshall has been inside some more Crossrail. This time Farringdon.
- Preserving steam and diesel locomotives is all well and good but what about those neglected wagons?
- What’s the new Hackney Overground interchange like?
From The CAS Team
- An interesting report from Edward detailing the proposed Strategic Rail Freight Interchange in the East Midlands.
– Compiled by Edward Kendall & Andy Carter