It’s my intention to start curating a weekly wrap of interesting railway based news (of a both real and modelling persuasion). So here’s this weeks interesting stories:
- Pendolino in N have set up a ground funding website to make an N-Gauge model of the Virgin Pendolino 390’s.
- Loco Yard are running their traditional Advent Calendar feed…
- …as are OO Rail.
- A man has created the best (or worst?) Christmas jumper which includes a working model railway as seen in The Metro.
- The Londonist have created a Medieval Tube Map of Ye Olde Ancient London destinations.
- They’ve also ran a pole on who should get the armrest on trains…
- London Bridge Station is to start an extensive 3 year remodeling program over the Christmas period. Expect Disruption.
- London Reconnections are running a challenging transport themed Christmas Quiz! Entrants could win limited edition 1:120 models from the Corgi Railways Legends collection.
- TfL have announced their ‘Ticket Hall Transformation Schedule.’ (Or job cuts to you and me).
- Geoff Marshal takes a sneak peak at the ongoing work to revamp Tottenham Court Road station for Crossrail.
- A petition to save Ashburton Station is on 38 Degrees.
- The UK Rail network continues to get busier…
- …and more expensive.