I’ve always thought the OO Gauge resin buildings (like those in the Skaledale range) look rather splendid.
But now I’m starting to add more lighting features to my layout – like street lamps and retro fitting rolling stock with LEDs, some of those cracking looking buildings are starting to look a little left out.
For anyone following my story from the start, you may be wondering – What ever happened to Salford Chapel? And for those of you not in the know, Salford Chapel is a 2nd layout I started working on maybe a year or so ago.
Well, now it’s time to finish Salford Chapel’s story…
Those of you following me on Twitter will have no doubt noticed a few dramatic developments on my layout of late. Whilst these will be worthy of their own posts as they advance, I thought now would be a good time to take stock of my layout thus far and see how it’s progressed over the 2 years I have been working on it.
August 2012 marked my return to the hobby I took up in my teens after I rediscovered my old models on a visit to my parents loft. At the time I lived in a shared flat, meaning I couldn’t have anything too permanent, however a plan started to develop…
Recently I undertook a little project to breathe new life into some old Hornby coaching stock. This was mainly focused on painting and coupling but I did briefly mention the possibility of adding lighting to bring a whole new dimension to a model with out-of-date tooling.
Lima Class 121
Those of you who follow me on Twitter may have seen my continued effort to freshen up my old stock in my undertaking of recommissioning a Lima Class 121:
So I realise there hasn’t really been a layout update since May! The last you will have seen is the work I undertook to permanently fix my two base boards together by building a new underframe.
This enabled me to properly complete the ballasting over the gap between the two boards as seen here…
You may notice that there are two types of ballast here. The reason behind this dates back to the expansion project I undertook last year when I happen to use a different type of ballast on the outer loop. For consistency purposes I’ve re-ballasted the entire layout using this new mixture.