- So it transpires Rod Stewart books two hotel rooms when on tour. One for him and one for his model railway. Good man. The Telegraph ask what is it that draws men to Model Railways?
- Simon of Simon Says fame at Hornby has also been taking a look at the history of Model Railways.
- Speaking of Hornby The Early BR S15 Class has arrived.
- Up and coming from Dapol.
- DUCK GATE! Should a statue of Nigel Gresley be built with a duck to symbolise his most famous work – The Mallard. It’s got everyone talking.
- The new Edinburgh Tram Network is a known success carrying well over it’s predicted passenger numbers, but an enquiry has been launched to find out why it was 5 years late and grossly over budget.
- TfL announce Camden Town rebuild intentions. Could this project enable the final segregation of The Northern Line?
- Languages on The Victoria Line.
- Is track design about to change in the UK? Is this the end of the sleeper?
- Is retail killing the modern station?
- Catch The John Betjeman Metroland documentary here.
- In a series of (slightly biased) compare and contrast pieces about the Tube, Londonist asks how the capital’s network stacks up against the Beijing Subway.
- Sowerby Bridge has a birthday. It’s old. But not as old as Ffestiniog.
- Is this the world’s greatest advert for The Train?
From The CAS Team
- Loughborough Derby Road – What was it and where has it gone?
– Compiled by Edward Kendall & Andy Carter