- RailwayModellers.com are looking for knowledgeable moderators for their forum board.
- Hornby are going to do another production run of their popular BR 4-6-2 “Exeter” West Country Class
- TfL announce the ordering of two Tunnel Boring Machines for the Northern Line Extension to Battersea.
- Meanwhile on the Bakerloo Line, refurbishment of the 72 Stock is going to be more costly than LU expected whilst they wait for the NTfL in 10 years time.
- Do you find Oyster charges confusing? When are you better off getting a season ticket? When are National Rail journeys more expensive? This useful site has the answers!
- Programmer Will Gallia has created this wonderfully hypnotic animation of daily Tube journeys. A must watch!
- It’s a week of Tube based creativity as these beautiful watercolour sketches from 2013 of Leslie Green arcetecture by Artist Emily Pulham surface on my Twitter timeline.
- From art to photography, check out these cracking images showing the development progress at Manchester Victoria in GM News.
- An unexploded bomb closes the Folkestone to Dover line.
- RailwayManiac has done an excellently detailed study of the maze of railway lines that once graced the Bury area. Certainly worth a read whether you’re from that part of the world or not!
- The Heathrow spur of HS2 has been dropped.
- First are looking to get in on the East Coast action.
- Whilst The end of the InterCity 125 is nigh…
- Support 100 Trains‘ Round The World Rail Journey here!
- Could a 1000mph train become a reality?
- After the sad passing of Terry Pratchet, London Reconnections pay tribute with their Ankh-Morpork Transport Committee review.
Shameless Self Promotion
- With over 40 of the total 42km of Crossrail Tunnels now completed, I ask – Just how many Pringles can you fit in Crossrail?
- In fact so popular was this post that it appeared on Londonist’s Daily News Roundup! *Smug face*
Cover Image by ObaJak from Discworld Novels.