Image by Phil Sangwell
- IC82 is back this Sunday with a new YouTube series.
- GBRf are enlisted by Serco to haul the Caledonian sleeper for the next 15 years. They’ll be using a mixture of Class 90’s, 47’s and refurbished 73’s during their stint.
- The East Anglia franchise, currently operated by Abellio, is out for tender.
- A recent survey highlights the continuing decline of rail customer satisfaction…
- …And surprise surprise, the rise of Social Media as a tool for passengers to voice this dissatisfaction.
- But what we really want to know is, which train operator has the best ticket punches?
- And which train operator went all gooey for Valentines Day?
- …in a time where critics are calling for the return of nationalisations, the BBC’s Timeshift will take a look at the golden age of BR next Thursday.
- Speaking of which, The Beauty of Transport is doing a series on British Rail’s corporate identity.
- London Underground’s D-Stock trains could find a new life for themselves in Manchester.
- Whilst back home The Victoria Line will be part closed for a month.
- Danny Dyer has a go at tube announcements. Warning: It’s dreadful.
- The London Transport Museum will host Londonist’s Matt Brown, who will be talking about Tube Secrets at the Hidden London Treasures Exhibition in April.
- This article surfaced on Twitter this week, showcasing this rather quirky Brighton curiosity: The first every Electric Railway in Britain.