Edward takes a look at the Class 150 Sprinters’ proposed Operational Lifespan Extension.
- Hornby LSWR/SR 700 Review from Grahammuz.
- Engineering sample images of the Standard 4MT by Graham Farish released…
- Bachmann inject some much needed life into the off-the-shelf auto-coach market.
- Hornby are having a spring clean.
- Bloody hell it’s been warm this week. The wrong type of warm for Britain’s Railways…
- …and if you’re wondering, The Central Line wins the award for the most unbearable service in London during the heat.
- Beware… RMT are unhappy again…
- …oh and if you live in London, don’t think you’ll be escaping strike action this week…
- Shhh, don’t tell The North but Porterbrook demonstrate how the dreaded Pacers could be refurbished to extend their lifespan. That paint job is awful…
- Whilst Adrian Shooter argues that the Vivarail re-engineered D-Stock will be ‘effectively a new train.’
- Battery powered Class 379 wins innovation award.
- 150th Anniversary of the glorious Settle-Carlisle route.
- Mercedes-Benz have done a Top Gear at the Bluebell Railway.
- Take a journey on the new Borders Railway without leaving your chair.
- Japan suffers huge security dilemma on it’s rail network.
- China are the pace setters in high-speed rail.
- Whilst developed railway nations like the US severely lag behind.
- Japanese cat that saved a railway honoured.
From The CAS Team
- It seems the D-Stock and the Pacer’s are not the only ones who could see a revival. Edward takes a look at another proposed life extension – this time the Sprinters.
- Andy takes a look at The difference between Code 100 and 75 Track
- as well as shedding light on his new layout project.
– Compiled by Edward Kendal & Andy Carter
- Hornby showcase some prototypes at Model Rail Scotland.
- Adding crews to your locos from Jonathan Malton @ LocoYard.
- East Coast rail franchise back in private hands as Virgin takes over running of the line this morning.
- Take a look at this moving piece from the London Short Film festival by Luke Flanagan: ‘Mind The Gap‘ the tale of Oswald Lawrence.
- The government promises that Northern Pacers will finally be out of service by 2020…
- …whilst it looks likely Class 150 Sprinters will be refurbished and live on.
- How does TfL close all it’s ticket offices? Diamond Geezer has the answers.
- Banbury depot to be brought back into use.
- The UK’s first third-rail compatible ballast cleaner has been ordered at a price tag of £50 million.
- RailwayManiac looks at what might have happened had Nottingham Victoria survived closure.
- Stations that look like other stations by TheBeautyOfTransport.
- Geoff Marshall now has a mailing list where you can sign up to hear about the latest ‘Tube Tours’ that he runs.
- Commuters using Brixton tube station: Beware!
- My trip to the world’s largest model railway in Hamburg… watch this space.
Cover Image by Virgin Trains East Coast showing proposed new IEP trains.