- Plans are afoot for a new £4 million Model Railway Museum in Ashford. Cool!
- More Northern electrification schemes halted, with this particular one stalled half-way through completion.
- Whilst councillors in the Midland’s urge the government to re-consider paused upgrade work.
- Rail Fares going up next year. Again.
- Sexual Offences on the rise on British Railways as crime overall falls.
- World’s oldest railway and Royal Depot under threat of demolition.
- Watch a time-lapse of a Virgin HST set being re-branded.
- The Manchester Metrolink map has been re-designed as the network gets more complex, drawing inspiration from MTA Subway lettered route designations.
- The pointless new station in Coventry that can’t fulfil it’s own purpose… (I literally despair with this one…)
- Let’s hope Cambridge’s new Chesterton Science Park station will be more successful…
- HandPicked have a fantastic collection of Tube maps through the ages.
- Londonist reveal their commuting pet-peeves.
- The unusual look at the lives of the Directors of Victorian Railways.
- LocoYard unearths the fantastic collection of rare passenger rolling stock on the Kent & East Sussex Railway.
- New London podcast designed to be listen to on the commute underground…
- Calls for tighter railway security in Europe after this week’s foiled shooting.
- Fed up of paying rent? What if you could live on a train? Well this woman does.
- The Londonist pits two global giants against each other as The Underground takes on The Subway.
- This Mumbai station is officially the busiest in the world… And you thought Clapham Junction was bad!
- It’s all about the Kent & East Sussex Railway as they showcase some International talent.
From The CAS Team
Calling All Stations would like to wish Edward Kendall, the usual compiler of The Weekly and author of www.RailwayManiac.com, a speedy recovery.