- Windcutter takes a look at one of Hornby’s new wagon releases. Find out if it’s any good.
- Hornby also release some snaps of it’s upcoming Class 92 release.
- Crossrail tunnelling has reached Liverpool Street. Next: Central London.
- The Londonist’s Geoff Marshall has the latest on this month’s DLR route and timetabling changes. Diamond Geezer also gets in on the action.
- More on the NRM’s Playing Trains exhibit. How the dolls house influenced model railways.
- Happy 100th Birthday to Kilburn Park and Warwick Ave.
- (and happy 100th post to me!).
- Did you know there was more than 500 miles of heritage railway in the UK? You do now. A nice write up of The Kent and East Sussex Railway and their planned expansions from LocoYard.
- London is upside down! Or is it?
- The Mirror claimed there was ‘shock and disbelief’ one morning as commuters were greeted by a Polar bear. They failed to mention it was staged at a disused part of Charing Cross.
- The real shock was that part of Thameslink had flooded.
- Have you seen Britain’s longest train?
- And a British Rail Flying Saucer? No really.
Featured image “Whistle” on K&ESR by Oast House Archive.