Whatever happened to the Class 151? Edward finds out.
- Hornby showcase some prototypes at Model Rail Scotland.
- Adding crews to your locos from Jonathan Malton @ LocoYard.
- East Coast rail franchise back in private hands as Virgin takes over running of the line this morning.
- Take a look at this moving piece from the London Short Film festival by Luke Flanagan: ‘Mind The Gap‘ the tale of Oswald Lawrence.
- The government promises that Northern Pacers will finally be out of service by 2020…
- …whilst it looks likely Class 150 Sprinters will be refurbished and live on.
- How does TfL close all it’s ticket offices? Diamond Geezer has the answers.
- Banbury depot to be brought back into use.
- The UK’s first third-rail compatible ballast cleaner has been ordered at a price tag of £50 million.
- RailwayManiac looks at what might have happened had Nottingham Victoria survived closure.
- Stations that look like other stations by TheBeautyOfTransport.
- Geoff Marshall now has a mailing list where you can sign up to hear about the latest ‘Tube Tours’ that he runs.
- Commuters using Brixton tube station: Beware!
- My trip to the world’s largest model railway in Hamburg… watch this space.
Cover Image by Virgin Trains East Coast showing proposed new IEP trains.